Why concentrate on the ‘floor’ when the ‘house’ is unstable?
We understand incontinence, sexual dysfunction, painful intercourse, pain in the genitalia, lower back pain, hip pain, sacroiliac pain and other pelvic floor dysfunction presentations are no fun and it is not your gender nor your age that is the issue!
We know your frustration with many treatments, some invading your privacy, and still not getting the best and long lasting results.
We help you stabilize the ‘house’ and evidence-based Postural Neurology, Movement stability and Restorative exercises on a one on one treatment basis, so you may enjoy life going forward.
Watch this video for an important message about Pelvic Floor Dysfunction:
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is on the rise among non-females, non-child-bearers, the young, and non-smokers in addition to the “traditionally” categorized groups. This is because our sedentary lifestyle has caught up with us. I have started seeing elementary school-age children complaining of symptoms related to pelvic floor dysfunction.
This is getting out of control and what is being done about it does not even tip the gauge. So why Core Pelvic Floor Therapy?
Here is why:
- First and foremost, you should not live with pain for the rest of your life; No-one should be defined by limitations.
- The principles of Postural Neurology, Functional Movement and stability get to address the pelvic floor issues. It is beyond muscle work and just the floor.
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction cannot exist by itself. Core stabilization cannot exist by itself. Biological breathing can not be sustained by itself. Movement is never functional without looking into the Neurology behind all movements and posture.
- Our recipe for success may include some or all of the following: Emsella Chair treatment (400 Kegels a minute), computerized breathing monitoring, Postural Neurology, computerized balance distribution assessment, and Functional Movement exercises (DNS) so we get to the bottom and the core of your problem.
- We take our evidence-based education and continuous training seriously.
“Dr. Shakib has changed my life, my struggles impacted the quality of my day to day life, and I was feeling so hopeless since other pelvic floor therapists were not helpful, since working with her, my issues have vastly improved and I feel so much better. She is so knowledgeable and helpful with every question as well. Everyone in the office is a joy to be around. I am so grateful to have found her.”
“Male pelvic patient here in his early 30s. I’ve been dealing with this condition for almost 4 years now. After 5 months at this facility I have progressed here a lot more than I have anywhere else (I’ve been to several other pelvic floor PTs, urologists, doctors etc. all to no avail). Dr. Shakib and her team are beyond excellent. They are very attentive, caring, and knowledgeable. Not to mention, the tools and the availability of their knowledge is unmatched. They’re great teachers and convey the information in an easy to understand manner. All of this is why my progression here has been so significant. Words can’t describe how grateful I am. Thanks for everything!”